Friday, January 6, 2012

Orgasms and more

Anyone in the makeup world knows that Nars' blush Orgasm is probably the most used blush in the industry. It's a universal shade that flatters everyone. I'm a big fan of it as well, and have been using it for the past year. I just have 2 major problems with it:


  • I hate the shimmer
  • It is not very pigmented, I have to apply it a couple of times for it to be noticeable. 
In my opinion, Orgasm is better for highlighting as it has a nice luminous sheen to it. It's a great night time blush but looks too harsh for a day look due to the shimmer.

NARS Orgasm



So I retired Orgasm and purchased Dolce Vita, a plummy-red, dusty rose color. Can I just say how much I freaking love it? I LOVE IT. I love how matte and highly pigmented it is. It lasts allll day and stays put. That being said, you need a really light hand applying it, as putting too much on would end up in you looking sunburnt. 

Dolce Vita just might be my favorite blush of all time. It's up there with MAC's Mineralize Blush in Early Morning  and Dollymix; Make Up Forever's Raspberry Pearl 52; and Urban Decay's Quickie.

NARS Dolce Vita
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment