Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hair Woes

Here are my favorite hair products of all time!

1. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask - $35-40 MUST HAVE


I have been dyeing my hair since I was in the 9th grade, so you can imagine the condition my hair is in. 2 years ago I dyed my hair BARBIE BLONDE (shut up) and it did extensive damage to my hair. It looked dry and fried and irreparable beyond belief. Then, salvation came in the form of this hair mask from Macadamia. It's called Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask. You apply it to wet, clean hair, wait 7 minutes, and you instantly have magically luscious hair. It smells great, too. Since this is a deep conditioning mask, you only want to use it once or twice a week. This stuff works wonders and I highly recommend it especially if you have color-treated hair!



2. Morrocan Oil Oil Treatment - $15-40




This leave-in hair treatment smells heavenly and makes your hair soft and shiny without weighing it down. I find that a lot of leave-in hair products are too heavy and greasy, so I generally stayed away from them until I found this one. This stuff is oil based so you only want to use a little bit. Little goes a long way. You can apply this to damp or dry hair, and expect amazing results!

You can buy this at most hair salons. A little pricey but totally worth it.




3. Biosilk Silk Therapy - around $20



I couldn't decide if I like Biosilk's Silk Therapy better than the Morrocan Oil Oil Treatment, so I am just going to post both. I just LOVEEEE the smell of the Biosilk one (and it's less expensive) I've gone through many bottles of this product because I use it literally everyday. Silk Treatment makes your hair shiny, silky, and smooth. Whenever I have those days when I just don't feel like doing my hair after a shower, I just apply this to wet hair and I'm out of the house. It controls frizz and tames my often wild hair from going all static-y when air-dried.
And as if it wasn't awesome enough, it can also be used heat protection from styling tools :)


4. AG Sterling Silver Toning Shampoo - $25-60

I have dyed blonde hair which is simply the hardest hair color to manage. If you don't take care of it right, it can turn all orange and brassy. I've tried several 'purple' shampoos for blonde hair and I got to say that AG makes the best one. This shampoo smells nice and sweet, and is super effective in toning blonde hair. I use this every other day together with the corresponding conditioner and it has kept my hair from going brassy! No complaints at all.

Tip: If you are using this product, make sure to not use it everyday, as the toner can be VERY drying on your hair!





5. K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo - $20-30






My favorite daily shampoo is the K-Pak Reconstruct. It has a nice formula that is gentle yet effective at the same time. It's hard to review shampoos as the results vary from person to person. Some people use drugstore brands such as Herbal Essences and claim that it's the best thing ever, while others spend hundreds of dollars on high-end products just to be satisfied. My suggestion is to keep looking for that one that works for you, unless of course, you've already found it.




6. Sebastian Professional Shaper Plus Hairspray - $15-20




I don't really use a lot of hairspray, but when I do, I always reach for my Shaper Plus. This stuff is what is often used on the runways to create those towering heights of teased hair. (I used to tease my hair a lot) Apart from being great for backcombing, it's also got a flexible hold. When I curl my hair and spray this on, I am still able to run my fingers smoothly through my hair and style it. The smell is not too overwhelming like other hairsprays, either. Simply the best one out there.



7. Cake Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powder (Dry Shampoo) - $12-15

It's funny how I'm sitting here talking about hair, when I constantly commit the ultimate "hair-don't" that is washing my hair daily. My hairstylist always yells at me for being stubborn and not listening to her when she says that it's simply brutal to wash my  hair everyday. Guys, I have honestly tried to abide by this rule, but I just CAN'T! I feel gross and greasy when I skip on washing my hair!

Anyway, this dry shampoo from Cake is a dream for hair in between washes. (It's what got me through whenever I attempted to skip shampoos.) Basically it's a powder that sprinkle into your hands and run through your hair, concentrating on the roots. It absorbs excess oil and eliminates that greasy texture. The powder is a light brown but matches pretty much all hair colors. (It also comes in an even lighter color for blondes)

I keep one in my locker at work and I use it to retouch my hair when I feel it's falling flat. It just gives your hair instant volume. Trust me, this is a life saver.


So this is it for now! Will be doing a part 2 in the near future. Please let me know if there's anything that just works wonders for you! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment