Monday, January 16, 2012

Living up to the hype

So I've been hearing A LOT about these Revlon Lip Butters, and I finally made a trip to the drugstore to check them out. Turns out that they are more popular than I thought, as I went to 3 different stores downtown and they were all pretty much sold out. After much crying, I found them at Shopper's Drug Mart in Surrey. I picked up these three colours: 



Tutti Frutti, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake

I wanted to pick up more, but the selection was very limited. Apparently the store had sold out of these babies three times already. Bah!! There's 2 or 3 more colors that I must have.

Anyway, I LOVE the Revlon Lip Butter. They are SOOOO creamy, pigmented, and long-wearing. I wore Strawberry Shortcake today, which is my favorite, and it lasted until lunch when I had to wipe my mouth with a  napkin. 

Here are the swatches:

Strawberry Shortcake, Tutti Fruti, Lollipop
As you can see, they are quite pigmented and very creamy. They glide on like a dream and feel glorious on your lips. These lip butters have the pigmentation of lipsticks and the texture of lip balms. Just perfection. They actually remind me of Mac's Slimshine which is one of the very few lipsticks I ever wear. I usually don't like wearing lipsticks because I feel overdone and I just become very aware of the fact that I have lipstick on. But yeah, these are different. 


To sum up: I love them. They certainly live up to the hype, although I was told that SOME shades are better than others... some are SUPER sheen and don't even show up. Well I plan to pick up the other shades I want and perhaps do another review of those. 

Also, I wanna stock up on these 3 colors that I just LOVE, because who knows if they'll be available all the time...

Thanks for reading :)




No comments:

Post a Comment