Thursday, January 5, 2012

Noteworthy Products

So for my first post I thought I'd review some products that stood out to me and are worth mentioning. 


The POREfessional - Benefit
$34 CDN


I read about this benefit product online and was compelled to go out and buy it after reading all the great reviews. Essentially, it's a primer that minimizes the appearance of pores and other imperfections. Most people claim that when they put this on, they no longer need to apply powder as this alone mattifies the face. (Yeah, it's apparently that good!) Well, that is partially true. 

I find that this primer acts as a great base for make up, as it smooths out your skin and allows for easy application of foundation (it just glides on smoothly) However, unless you have dry skin, you still need to apply powder to set your make-up and for shine control. I have oily skin and this alone does not hold my make-up for the whole day.

Overall, it's a great primer for minimizing the appearance of pores and making your skin look smooth.

Rating: 7/10

Laura Mercier Smooth Setting Powder - Shine Control
$40 CDN


Sometimes a product comes along that just revolutionizes everything. Wait, this isn't an Apple product... but it might as well be because this Laura Mercier baby is nothing short of amazing.

It's a matte translucent setting powder that you apply after your foundation (or maybe even on its own) and you're pretty much set for the day. This is the holy grail for people with oily skin. Not only does it keep your make-up from wearing off, it also keeps your skin looking matte for a loooong period of time. I applied this before work, and 8 hours later my make-up looks the same as it did before I left the house. Why, oh why, did I only discover this now?

Thanks to the Sephora saleslady for recommending this to me! I mean, it's a little pricey but you truly get your money's worth, trust me.

Rating: 10/10

Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Combination/Oily Skin
$12 CDN


After years of using expensive foundation such as MAC, Smashbox, Nars, and Estee Lauder, it was an unreal experience to come across one that is under $15 and does the job just as well. I am talking about Revlon's Colorstay. This bad boy is comparable to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in terms of coverage and texture. Amazing. The only thing is that it's quite thick and hard to blend. However, if you've been using liquid foundation for a long time and know the tricks then it's not a problem. 

I read/watch a lot of beauty bloggers and most of them have converted from high end foundation to ColorStay. Well, for that price and performance, you'd be crazy not to. Absolute favorite!

Rating: 9/10

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment